When it comes to auto repair, it’s not easy to find a mechanic that you can trust. Since you have probably spent a lot of money on your car (and use it to get from point A to point B), it’s important to find a mechanic that’s trustworthy but also reliable.
There’s nothing worse than being stuck with a car repair emergency only to be told that you have to wait a month or two to see your mechanic. So how do you find a car mechanic that will be there when you need them? Here are some of our top tips.
- Look for a mechanic that specializes in the type of car that you own. If you drive a Ferrari, you probably don’t want to work with a mechanic that has no foreign car repair skills. Foreign cars can be tricky to repair and do require expertise. Don’t bring your car to a mechanic that doesn’t know how to fix it.
- Take a look at the Better Business Bureau ratings. If the mechanic you’re thinking about seeing has poor reviews, it’s probably not a good idea to visit that garage. You can do the same thing on the Internet by looking for reviews on sites like Yelp. See what other people are saying about a mechanic before you book.
- Ask for referrals. Where do your friends and family members go? Are they happy with the mechanic they work with regularly? Sometimes a referral is the best option.
- Does the garage guarantee work? What happens if you leave a garage after repairs only to find out that something isn’t working properly? Does the mechanic you went to guarantee the work? Find out what this policy is, so that you have something to fall back on if a repair isn’t done correctly.
- Find a shop that’s near you. You might have found the best mechanic in the country, but if he’s located ten hours away that’s not a good idea. It’s better to find a solid mechanic that’s located near you, so that you can bring your car to the garage whenever there’s an issue.
- Ask how long a company has been in business. This doesn’t always matter, but chances are a company that has been around for a very long time has a solid customer base, knows the make and model of your car precisely, and is willing to go the extra mile.
- Find out about parts. Can you purchased used parts for your car through the garage? Do they offer different part price points? These details can make a big difference when it comes to finding a mechanic that can work with your budget and finding one that will break the bank.
Our Services Help You
At Fort Collins Foreign Car Service, our job is to make sure that your car leaves our shop in top condition. Not only do we specialize in foreign car repair, but we also work on domestic cars. If your car is not working correctly, bring it into our shop today for a complete analysis. We will let you know what you can do to fix your car, and how much it will cost you.
Since we’ve been in business for many years now, we know exactly how to serve our dedicated clients. At our shop, you always come first. Whether you are driving a BMW or a Chevrolet, we can help. Call and book an appointment, and make sure to ask us about special rates and other deals happening at our garage right now. How do you find the best mechanic? Let us know!