Suzuki is recalling two million vehicles throughout the world due to ignition problems. The Chevrolet Cruze is part of this recall too, since Suzuki builds the Cruze cars for GM. The issue at hand is that the ignition in any of these cars could start to smoke, so that’s a very good reason to pay attention to this recall!
What To Do
This particular recall is focused on European, Japanese, and Australian markets for now, but the recall could span into the US if the problem is found elsewhere. 67 incidents involving an ignition that started to smoke have been reported, though no major injuries were reported in addition to the incidents. What should you do if your car is part of this recall or any other? Here are the steps to take.
- First, do not panic. Your car will not spontaneously combust right away. But, you should bring the car into a reputable garage right away.
- Call your Fort Collins auto repair shop to book an appointment. Hopefully, you can bring your car in right away, or leave it at the shop overnight or a few days ahead of time. If this is the case, find out if you can get a loaner car from the shop.
- Typically, you will have 60 days to bring your car in. But, keep in mind that you aren’t the only one that will be looking to bring a car in due to a recall letter. If your garage tells you to come as early as possible on a certain day, try to get there as soon as you can – there will be other people waiting as well.
- You will have the best luck getting your car fixed if you arrive at the shop early in the morning. Those that wait until the afternoon hours do not usually get in line first, and that means that you will have to wait or arrange for another type of rental car. In some cases, you can ask the car company to pay for your rental.
- Keep in mind that any kind of recall repair should be absolutely free. Since the company made the mistake, it’s up to them to pay the repair costs.
Your car should be entirely repaired once you pick it up from the garage. After it has been repaired, you do not need to worry that your car might burst into flames or something else. While it may take some time for those repairs to happen, your car will be safe to drive once the repairs have been made. So, while a recall can be a pain if you don’t get to your garage early enough or you wait too long, it should really be a painless thing to do.
Booking With Us
If you have received a recall notice on any car, call our garage today to see if we can make this repair happen. It’s also a good idea to try and book as soon as you get the letter about the repairs in the mail. This way, you can try to be the first in line when it comes to recall repairs. We will make sure that your car is safe to drive by repairing the car according to the manufacturer’s specifications. At our Fort Collins automotive shop, we take care to make sure that you are safe!
If you have not yet received a letter from Suzuki, your car is probably fine. But, you can always call the manufacturer or the car dealership where you bought the car to find out. Car recalls can be scary, but we will have your car fixed in no time!